1. CHECK IN: Before your Reservation begins, you must Check-In with a dFAB Staff Member. Surrender your Andrew ID Card, and retrieve an Equipment Tool Kit. After which, you may utilize the Equipment. To turn on the Computer Monitors, you must find the Remote Button, located in your Equipment Tool Kit.
2. PREPARATION: Files should be sufficiently Prepared, and Materials must be Purchased and Cut-to-Size within (15) Minutes of your Reservation Start Time.
3. MATERIAL: Place your Material inside of the Laser Equipment. Avoid interference and collisions with fragile Equipment Parts such as the Laser Lens Assembly, and the Honeycomb Laser Table. Make certain that your Material is not: sufficiently warped, larger than 3/8″ in thickness, an unapproved Material, cut-to-size. If your material is warped, you may use MASKING TAPE ONLY, to correct the insufficiency. If Masking Tape does not work- then you may not use the Material.
4. POST: Prepare your settings within the Epilog Print Driver, try to use the recommended settings for your Material and Process needs. Make sure that the ‘Auto Focus’ Option is Selected.
5. PRINT: Send your File to the Laser Equipment. From the Laser Equipment Interface, find and select the green ‘GO’ Button. Your File will begin.
6. PAUSE: Find the red ‘STOP’ Button located on the Equipment Interface, and press it ONCE. Your file will continue cutting until it reaches an ‘endpoint’ in its defining line geometry; then the Laser Lens Assembly will freeze, and stop firing the laser. You may safely open the Laser Equipment lid. You may not remove and/or move your material. Close the Lid, then Find and select the green ‘GO’ Button on the Laser Equipment Interface to continue your Laser Job.
7. STOP: Find and Select the red ‘STOP’ Button on the Laser Equipment Interface. Your file will continue cutting until it reaches an ‘endpoint’ in its defining line geometry; then the Laser Lens Assembly will freeze, and stop firing the laser. Find and Select the red ‘RESET’ Button on the Laser Equipment Interface, and the Laser will return to its Origin. After which, you can open the Equipment Lid, Move/Remove your material, or send another job.
8. EMERGENCY: Find and Depress the EMERGENCY STOP Button located on the FRONT, RIGHT-HAND Side of the Laser Equipment. Contact a dFAB Employee immediately.
9. CLEAN: Within the final (5) Minutes of your Equipment Reservation, you must terminate all Equipment Processes and begin cleaning. Use a Vacuum to clean the Honeycomb Laser Table, while avoiding strong collisions with the table or Laser Lens Assembly. Remove all scrap and debris- place in available Trashcans. DO NOT overfill the Trashcans, notify a dFAB Employee, and a new trashcan will be provided.
10. CHECK OUT: Turn OFF the Computer Monitor with the Remote Button located in your Equipment Tool Kit. Return the Equipment Tool Kit with all items in tact and accounted for. After dFAB Staff reviews and approves Equipment and Area Sufficiency, your Andrew ID Card will be returned to your possession.