Our Graduate Admissions Process
Frequently Asked Questions
General Admission Questions
- What is the status of my application?
- May I apply for more than one program?
- May I use an agency, consultant, or other third party to complete my application for me?
- May I apply for spring admission?
- Do you offer a professional Master's degree (Master of Architecture / M.Arch) program?
Tuition & Financial Aid
- What is the cost of tuition?
- What are the costs of living expenses and additional expenses beyond tuition?
- What scholarships and assistantships are available for a Master's student?
- What scholarships and assistantships are available for a PhD student?
GRE & TOEFL Exams
- Do I need to take the TOEFL/IELTS?
- Do you have a minimum TOEFL/IELTS score requirement?
- I have a degree from (or am currently enrolled at) another US university. Do I still have to provide a TOEFL/IELTS score?
- Can you offer me admission conditional upon completing an English class?
- Do you have a minimum GRE score requirement?
- STEM applications: How do I log back into my online application?
- STEM applications: I paid the $75 application fee, but it is not displayed as "received" in my application. Is something wrong?
CMU has created this webpage to provide access to information that current and prospective students of the University may need in order to be informed consumers. Higher education institutions that receive federal student financial assistance are required by the U.S. government to make this information available. This information may be changed from time to time as required.